Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I love a good change...

A new year and lots of changes. That's how it usually goes... right? I feel like I have neglected this blog for the past month or two. I am still here and I have still been taking pictures... even though I haven't been posting very much. I needed some time to re-group. To think about the changes that I want to make. Near the end of the fall season I started to feel like I was just going with the motions. Taking the same pictures in the same places. I was at a loss when it came to creativity. I have had time to think about goals for the upcoming year, about where I am in my photography journey, and the style I am trying to portray in my work. The time was well needed and well spent. I am ready for the new year and the opportunities that will come my way.

This year I want to focus mainly on my photography style. Over this past year I have come to love Lifestyle Photography. I am slowly developing the style that I hope to have for my future business in photography. Lifestyle photography has played a significant role in developing this style. I hope to convey real life in my photographs this year.

This year I not only want to post about the sessions I've done... but also inspirations, ideas, and learning experiences. I want this blog to be a place that you can come to and learn, and grow in your own photography journey. I hope to learn with you as well. I have much to learn and I am excited to continue in my own personal journey.

I hope that this will be a place that I will meet new people and make new friends. Feel free to comment and tell me your thoughts... I'd love to meet you and hear what you have to say!

I have made several changes to my blog. If you'd like to take a look around, feel free. I changed my about me page, and put in a new information page (both listed above in my link bar). I also changed my header. I like it... it expresses the feeling that I want to capture in my sessions. I appreciate all my readers... thank you for stopping by and commenting. I love to hear from you and I am grateful for your support!

I am also really excited to share a session that I did with my kiddos today. I have had this session in my mind for months now... and it didn't even go as planned :) But I am loving the results! Be sure to come back later this week to see the photos :)

0 comments:

Jessica Bateman Photography

Jessica Bateman Photography
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am an on-location lifestyle photographer based out of West Lafayette Indiana. I am experienced in photographing babies, children, maternity, couples and families. Feel free to look around and contact me if you are interested in a photo session.

Become a follower!

Inspiring Photographers

Count them up...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails