Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1: What They Do.

During this month I will be participating in a online photography class (YEAY!) I really, really needed something like this to keep me going through the winter. I have neglected my camera way too much lately. If you are interested in joining in on the fun this month then check out THIS link. Willette is offering a FREE online class that goes on throughout the month of February. The class is called The Joy of Love, and it gives us the opportunity to take photos of the ones we love all month long. Today was the first day of the class and the theme is What They Do. I have so many loved ones in my life that I would love to take photos of... but these two kiddos are the ones that I spend each day with (so you will probably be seeing A LOT of them during this class :)). 

One of the many things my kids do is... take a bath! Evan and Makiah love taking baths and if they had the choice they would probably stay in there for hours on end. 

The lighting in my bathroom is... no good. I set the ISO to 800 and I had my camera set to Aperture priority (Av) with the aperture set at 2.8. I changed my white balance to Tungsen light (I usually just leave it on AWB), since the lighting in the bathroom is so yellow. I would love to have a bathroom with windows... just so I could take better photos in there. I love bath time pictures of kids! 


After bath time I took these photos in my room facing the window. I wanted to get some natural light photos in the mix. After shooting off a few shots I looked at the pictures and they were BLUE (ummm change your settings Jessica!) I changed my ISO to 400 and set my white balance back to AWB and ahhh much better :) Makiah was getting grumpy so I only got some pictures of her wrinkly toes.. .she wouldn't even look at the camera. 


Head on over to check out The Joy of Love class... it will be well worth your time!

0 comments:

Jessica Bateman Photography

Jessica Bateman Photography
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am an on-location lifestyle photographer based out of West Lafayette Indiana. I am experienced in photographing babies, children, maternity, couples and families. Feel free to look around and contact me if you are interested in a photo session.

Become a follower!

Inspiring Photographers

Count them up...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails